Tuesday, April 16, 2013

8th Grade Auction Basket Donation List

 Hello 8th Grade Families,

As you know, Ms. Ferris and I "swapped" homeroom coordinator roles for the class auction baskets this year and I'll be heading up the 8th grade team. With some excellent brainstorming and supply list research by Angela Crouse (thank you!), we've come up with the following list of ideas for our class basket. These are, of course, just ideas and anything related to canning is on the table. If you're able to help to contribute to the basket (which we're thinking will really be a large canning pot, not a basket) in any way at all, we'd love your help. Thank you in advance for your consideration, generosity, and amazing support of our school!I'll keep this list updated as people sign up to donate items.

8th Grade Basket Donation List

Please email me if you'd like to donate any of the below items for our canning basket for the SIA Auction. As folks sign up for certain items I'll take them off the list.



  1. Ball Blue Book guide to preserving
  2. Boiling-Water Canner with Rack (Not Aluminum)
  3. Jar lifter
  4. Jar Funnel
  5. Bubble Remover and Headspace Tool
  6. Magnetic Lid Wand
  7. Mason Jars Wide Mouth Quart & Pint
  8. Mason Jars Normal Mouth Quart & Pint
  9. Lids Quart & Pint
  10. Rings Quart & Pint
  11. Pectin
  12. Fresh Fruit Produce Protector
  13. Wooden Spoon
  14. Glass Measuring Cup
  15. Measuring Spoons
  16. Pairing Knife
  17. Apron
  18. 2 Hot Pads